- Familiarize yourself with the standard.
- Talk to operators that have achieved IS-BAO registration.
- Interview IS-BAO standards subject matter experts and accredited auditors.
TO IS-BAO REGISTRATION
- Budget for your success.
- Set milestones and a final registration date.
- Achieve “buy-in” from the senior leadership team of your company and every member of the department.
- Interview IBAC accredited IS-BAO auditors.
GET TO WORK
- Audit your manuals and processes versus the IS-BAO. Determine whether new manuals are required or if changes, updates or a complete re-write is necessary.
- Self audit your entire department using the IS-BAO. Rule of thumb – If it is not documented…. It is not taking place. If you can’t produce a procedure and/or paper trail; chances are your auditor will not be able to either. DO NOT put your department and auditor in an uncomfortable position when so much is at stake!
- Contract with an IBAC accredited auditor. Get them copies of applicable manuals and documents. Familiarize them with your operation. Involve them in your self audit. Schedule
- Complete all required tasks and milestones resulting from self audits.
- Implement and/or correct any minor discrepancies.
- Reward team members for a job WELL DONE!
- Never stop living and improving your IS-BAO registered SMS and department! Set milestones and date for IS-BAO Stage TWO Registration (24 months).
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNERS
AND VETTED PROVIDERS
Comments are closed.